SLIDER

WELCOME


Self care, skin care, & nurturing Mother Nature.

Read more here

Trying to live a more minimal and conscious life in search of pure happiness and joy

Updated CF Evening Skincare Routine



Hello you lovely folk! A few weeks ago I shared with you my updated morning skincare routine so obviously I should update you all on my nighttime products of choice too. It's been a long long time since I last shared my evening routine with you all and that's simply because I never really changed it. Sometimes I would add products in here or there or switch something out but ultimately, it stayed the same until recently when I switched to completely cruelty free products. So here's my updated current routine that helps control my oily skin, soothe any sensitivity I'm having, whilst also fighting that pesky acne and texture that can't seem to leave me alone.

Vita Coco 1Oo% Raw Cold Pressed Coconut Oil | - Ahhh, coconut oil. Coconut oil took the beauty world over back in 2O16 and I've got to be honest, it took over my beauty regime like no tomorrow. Back at the start of the year, I put together a whole post of the beauty benefits of coconut oil and I still stand by every single thing I mentioned, but the one thing I love using coconut oil for is for removing my makeup and cleansing my face. I used to use this both in my evening and morning routines as my cleanser but found it could make my oily skin a bit unmanageable underneath makeup on a long day so instead I just use it every evening now and it works wonders. As it is a natural oil, it does a fantastic job of breaking down makeup - especially eye makeup - and also softens, plumps, and moisturises the skin. It leaves my skin feeling incredibly soft and clean and ready for my evening products.

Superdrug Naturally Radiant Hot Cloth Cleanser | 15Oml | £5.99 - Sometimes when I want to be a little extra flash (read: when I can be bothered), I will remove my makeup with coconut oil and rather then continue to use it a second time to cleanse my skin, I will instead opt for this hot cloth cleanser from - surprise surprise - the Superdrug Naturally Radiant line. As a huge fan of the Liz Earle Hot Cloth Cleanser growing up, this Superdrug offering is a fab alternative if you're pinching on the pennies. Just like the rest of this range, the cleanser is incredibly gentle on the skin and smells great and is a lovely product to use in your evening routine as I find the whole process of lying a hot cloth over my face for a minute very soothing and relaxing which helps me chill out immensely.



Superdrug Naturally Radiant Glycolic Acid Pads | 6O Pads | £5.99 - My next step is to make sure my skin really is squeaky clean before I go in with my treatments/moisturisers etc. so I opt for sweeping one of these pads over my face and neck. I use these pads probably 5 out of 7 evenings each week as the glycolic acid helps lift dead skin cells and the added witch hazel helps tone the skin in one convenient product. I really like these quick and easy pads as they're simple to use, fantastic value for money, and leave my skin noticeably smoother the next morning.

The Ordinary Caffeine Solution 5% + EGCG | 3Oml | £6.Oo - Surprise surprise, this stuff is in my evening routine. I raved about this in my morning routine so of course I use it in the evenings too. I always apply this first after using all of my cleanser/toner sort of steps as it takes a wee while to sink into the skin, but it is definitely my favourite eye care product I've used in a long time.

The Ordinary Vitamin C Suspension 23% + HA Spheres 2% | 3Oml | - The two evenings a week that I don't use the Superdrug Glycolic Pads, I use this Vitamin C moisturiser instead. Instead of the pads and my usual evening moisturiser, I opt for this one because it is a great gentle exfoliant to keep my skin smooth and healthy. I've raved about this product before, but this moisturiser has an almost "sand in your SPF lotion" texture which gently buffs the skin during application and leaves the skin tingling. This can be used both AM and PM but due to the texture of it, I prefer to use it in the evenings before bed. I sweep it over the face and neck, avoiding the eyes and around the lip area and my skin is noticeably smoother and healthier in the mornings. The vitamin C works wonders on brightening up my dull skin and even makes my freckles look healthy! I tend to use this more often when my acne is behaving itself because it can make my skin look even better but if I am breaking out, this can sting open spots a bit so that's something to bear in mind if you're thinking of picking this up.



The Body Shop Seaweed Oil Control Overnight Gel | 3Oml | £14.Oo - If I'm sticking to my usual routine and using the Glycolic Pads and need to moisturise afterwards, I like to use overnight gel moisturiser from The Body Shop. This gel is from the same Seaweed range as my daily morning moisturiser but this gel formula is more heavy duty for bedtime wear. I sweep this over the face and push it into the skin gently by using patting and well, pushing motions. This gel doesn't really have a scent or colour so it's a nice product to use but it can take a while to sink in and not stay tacky so that's why I make a little bit more of an effort to make sure it absorbs fully into the skin. Much like the daily lotion, a little goes a long way with this product and it helps keep my skin from becoming an oil slick throughout the night.

Oh K! Overnight Sleep Mask | 2Oml | £4.Oo - Guys guys guys, I've talked about this amazing product on NB before, but I have to sing it's praises again. I bought this mask during an Asos order because it was cheap and I was intrigued to try more Korean skincare and it has quickly become a crutch when I need an extra something something in my skincare. Although this mask is supposed to be for 5-6 uses, I have made one sachet last around 15-17 uses and guys. It's *amazing*. This mask smells delicious and 1Oo% reminds me of a scent from my childhood that I can't quite put my finger on, but the scent isn't overpowering and is a nice scent for my whole bedtime routine. It's a really gentle (you can see a theme here with my evening products) moisturiser formula that I just smooth generously over the face and neck as the last step in my routine at least once a week. I only ever use this mask after using the Seaweed overnight gel as it lies on top of it nicely without slipping and sliding off. This is my go-to product when my skin is looking lack-lustre or if I've been having some angry breakouts or dry skin patches. No matter what skin ailment I'm suffering, I pop this mask on and it genuinely reduces over night. Dryness will always be gone, acne will always appear smaller, redness and irritation is always soothed... It's just an absolute gem of a product. Plus the packaging is cute AF.


Follow me on Bloglovin'
Twitter & Instagram xo

© NB • Theme by Maira G.